Heavy Tackle Game Fishing
Exmouth offers some of the best heavy tackle game fishing on the west coast of Australia. The Ningaloo Reef follows the coast of Exmouth, and just 2 miles from its edge is the continental shelf. Beyond this the ocean floor drops into a series of canyons up to 1000 meters deep. This provides an ideal hunting ground for large pelagic fish.
Species encountered include Blue, Black & Striped Marlin, Sailfish, Yellowfin Tuna, Wahoo, Dolphin Fish and the elusive night feeding Broadbill Swordfish. Techniques used for fishing include switchbaiting, trolling lures & baits, and deep water drift baits for Broadbill Swordfish and more recently day dropping.
- Other activities around Exmouth can include Island hopping, turtle & whale watching, snorkelling, swimming, light tackle sports fishing and free diving for crayfish.
Fishing Adventure Charters – Timing
- Charters range from just 1 day to 10 days or can be customised to suit your individual needs.
- Reel Teaser only operates in Exmouth from February to April each year.
- Live-aboard charters are available.
Live-aboard fishing adventures can depart from either the Exmouth Marina or Tantabiddi and return to either point. Due to the short travel distance to the fishing grounds most of our live-aboard charters are based out of Tantabiddi. Each day is based on a 24 hour period. Evenings can be spent targeting Broadbill subject to favourable weather conditions.
- For full booking terms and conditions and costs please refer to the Charter Prices Page.